For a project I'm working on, I need to write some disks to test on my Amstrad CPC 6128.
I've got some 3″ blank disks, and all my Amstrad computers (CPC and PCW) have 3″ disks, as well as my Spectrum +3. I don't own a PC with floppy controller, and I wouldn't want to spend money in hardware like Catweasel, Kryoflux, HxC or Gotek. I'd like to use what I already own, if possible.
I wonder if there is a way to transfer a DSK image file to a blank 3″ disk (and viceversa) using my existing hardware:
- Amstrad CPC 6128 with no expansion devices. Plain computer
- Amstrad PCW 8256 with serial port back module
- ZX Spectrum +3 with disk drive and ZXMMC (SD card usable with +3e ROMs)
- PC with Windows 7 x64, and no floppy controller
- Spare 3″ drives
- Arduino Uno board, and STM32 Nucleo board
- Various FPGA boards