I have an Acorn Electron that came without tape recorder, so I'm using Audacity to record and replay programs which works fine. Now I also have some software as UEF (Universal Emulator Format) files. These can be converted to .WAV using the 'FreeUEF' software for Windows.
The problem is that so far I only managed to load one program to my Electron this way. All others start out showing the name of the program and the first block number (00) but then immediatly show:
As the .WAV file is still playing it soon finds the next block and continues loading. But when the loading is finished it looks like the computer does not detect the end and the program does not start.
I've tried several differnt settings for the output volume, but that does not solve it. Also, when I record my own (Basic) programs and replay them it always works fine.
My guess is that the converted .WAV file does not not contain a proper header or starting tone so the computer misses the first byte(s) but I could be wrong...