I've recently purchased a HxC/Lotharek SD Card floppy drive emulator. It's working well replacing DF0: but I'm seeing some odd behaviour with its emulation of DF1:.
On the first boot after power-up, the Amiga detects both DF0: and DF1:. But after a reboot, DF1: disappears.
The HxC does seem to be jumpered correctly (DS0 connected to drive A, DS1 connected to drive B) and there are no other drives, internal or external, connected.
What could be causing this problem?
Update: here is how I have configured the SD card.
- Format as FAT32
- Download the
QuickInstall_FloppyDiskImages.zipfile from the HxC website and unpack to a temporary location
- Unpack the
SDHxCFE_Amiga.zipfile onto the SD card
- Start the
HxCFloppyEmulatorapp and go into the "SD HxC Floppy Emulator Settings" section
- Click "Load config file" and select the HXCSDFE.CFG file off the SD card
- Make these changes:
- Switch off "Load last loaded floppy" and "Enable auto boot mode" as I don't want these options at the moment
- Under "HFE file interfacemode", switch off "Auto" and manually select "Amiga"
- Verify that the SD HxC Floppy Emulator Interface setting has both Drive A and Drive B set to Amiga, and "2 drives emulation" switched on
- Click "Save config file", and save to HXCSDFE.CFG on the SD card
- Quit the app
- Safely eject the SD card
Worringly, if I then restart the app and load the same config back in, my changes in 6.1 have been preserved, but my changes in 6.2 have gone back to the default of auto. In fact, if I read the specification for the config file, it seems that these fields are not even part of the config file! So how can they be set?