I'm trying to find an old game:
- Played on an old computer, not sure which kind. (early/late 1990s?)
- Graphics were grid-based and "8-bit-seeming". Locations included plains and caves.
- Movement was grid-based as well. I think the game was turn-based?
- The main character - which you moved around - might've been a gnome? Maybe not, though.
- One of the enemies which I remember clearly is a snake which usually does not move but "wakes up" when you're on the same row or column as it (unobstructed). It would then move (in a straight line only?) towards you. EDIT: Or actually - it might've killed you instantly in this case?
Edit2: I think you could move between "screens" freely. (Aka either it wasn't level-based, or the levels were larger than a single screen)
That's it for any reliable memories, I'm afraid.