For general questions about computer chips and chipsets in retrocomputing hardware. Do not use for questions regarding a specific chip. Use that chip's tag instead.

Regarding chips in general.

"Chip" can refer to any integrated circuit, monolithic integrated circuit, or microchip.

For specific processors or controllers, please use the appropriate specific tag.