I am looking for a native C compiler for the Spectrum 128. I would like one which:
- Has good support for the latest C standard at the time.
- Is not limited to compiling ridiculously short source code.
- Produces decently-optimized machine code*, especially for bitwise operations.
- Has an English interface.
Features that would be nice, but are not required:
- Has a basic C library (for things such as
- Can run with 48K memory.
- Supports assembly as well for manual optimization.
What native C compiler fits these requirements?
* I'll mostly be doing add, rotate, and XOR on arrays, and possibly finite field arithmetic (cryptographic stuff).